The crew at OBN has a point. With the new year approaching, it is worth while thinking about what I would like to accomplish this year with regard to my fishing pursuits. As such, I have come up with a list of ten things I am looking forward to …. tackling… *ah-thankyou*… during 2011.
So here is THE OUTDOOR LIST:
1. Truly understand the spey verses one-handed debate.
2. Fly fish Minnesota’s Driftless area.
3. Fly fish during an explosive hatch.
4. Be more like Phil Dunfee: “I’m a cool dad, that’s my thang. I’m hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face.”
5. Tie flies to match a hatch.
6. Blog 2 poems per month (minimum).
7. Organize/create my tying bench.
8. Take better pictures of my fishing outings.
9. During intern year, when I have a chance to fish, spend that time with my wife instead. Not every time, but at least once 🙂 Sorry, Sara.
10. No matter where I match for residency, find some local fishing.
Here’s to a good year, Phil.